Monday, December 1, 2008

Fabrick-ey goodness

Ok, so this past weekend was the pilgrimage to Downtown LA for fabric. I scored a gorgeous champagne & black satin (3 yards of each) for 2 dollars a yard. I'm fairly certain that nothing naturally occurring died to make the fabric, but it looks spiff & will be very washable. I also found these lovely red harlequin patterned bugle buttons (which cost more than the fabric) that accent everything perfectly.

For my dress, I found this amazing burnt orange silk for $4.00 a yard & another embroidered sheer for my hair for $5.00. Then, to go over all, I found a stunning red velvet brocade embroidered with gold medallions that will become a Turkish coat. I am very excited. pictures will drop in after a while.

Also this weekend I cut & sewed his half cape. It is not as full as I'd like, but it ought to work for him. Pictures soon.

Somehow, in the depths of my insanity, I thought it would be fun to handstitch his camisa. Eep. This weekend, I hemed the gussets.

No comments: